This is a (1) 8-11″ long x 4.5″ – 7″ wide Shiitake Log that will give you Shiitake Mushrooms for the new 2+ years!
Shiitake mushrooms are delicious in everything from stir-fries and soups to pasta dishes and stews. Logs are hand-cut and inoculated with shiitake mushroom spores in visible drill holes that are covered in cheese wax. Logs can be stood upright or laid horizontally for growing. These logs have only aged for a few months and will take longer to fruit the first time; however, you get all the mushrooms! Metal plaque on underside of log states date of inoculation. Just soak the log for 24 hours in cold water, mist it occasionally, and watch your crop emerge once the inoculation period is reached!
How to Care for your Logs!
- Choose a nice shady spot in your yard for your Mushroom log
- When the spawn run is complete, the mycelium takes 6-12 Months from the inoculation date to start fruiting. When you can see fine white fibers (hyphae) running through the ends of the log they are ready for fruiting.
- Once logs are removed from water Mushrooms should appear in 4-10 days.
- You should be able to “Force Fruit” your log every 2 – 3 Months with these soaking. The monthly soaking keeps the moisture content high which the Mushroom Logs need to produce fruit!
- Let the logs rest after each fruiting for 8 weeks. This resting period is for the mycelium to extract more nutrients from the log for more mushrooms.
- The mushrooms can be harvested at any time by taking a sharp blade and cutting them flush with the log at the base of the mushroom; however, it is best to harvest them just after the gills are exposed. BEST GIFT EVER.. Keep one and give one! These logs are proven fruiters. We back our products 100%. If you have any questions please contact. We are here to help you grow amazing gourmet edible mushrooms!