National Burger Day calls for this Beef Burger with Mushrooms and Havarti Recipe
May 28 is one of our favorite days of the year – it’s National Burger Day. That means it’s another excuse to grill out, enjoy the warm weather, and indulge in a big, juicy burger.
We love burgers because they open the door to so many creative culinary ideas with endless flavors, ingredients and toppings. We’ve even tried burgers with peanut butter and bananas (and they were surprisingly delicious)!
Regardless of how you normally cook it or top it, this beef burger with mushrooms recipe is one of our favorite ways to enjoy a burger – just top them with melted Havarti cheese and sautéed shiitake mushrooms for an amazing new burger experience your friends and family will definitely enjoy.
Here is a reminder on 5 good reasons to add shiitake mushrooms to your beloved burger –
- Provides more moisture to the burger, resulting in an even juicier tasting burger
- Enhances the savory, meaty flavor in the burgers
- Provides you with B vitamins, fiber, and potassium
- Helps your immune system; provides anti-inflammatory properties
- Provides you with long-lasting energy due to its polysaccharides/complex carbohydrates
Beef Burger with Mushrooms and Havarti Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 pound of shiitake mushrooms
- 1 pound of beef burger patties (or 4 -5 patties, depending on the size)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Onion of choice: either 1 medium sweet onion or 3 scallions (minced)
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Sliced Havarti cheese
- Buns of choice – we prefer Brioche or Sesame Seed Buns
- Wash the mushrooms by using a clean paper towel to wipe off any dirt. Do not wash mushrooms because the water reduces the flavor components.
- Slice mushrooms and dice onions.
- Add olive oil into a large skillet, add mushrooms and onions.
- Cook mushrooms and onions until tender.
- Add garlic, then parmesan cheese until melted.
- Set aside.
- Once you form your burger patties, grill each patty to your preferred temperature.
- Add one slice of Havarti cheese per patty, put a silver cooking dome over the patty for one minute to melt on the grill.
- Place patty on bun, top with mushrooms and any other favorite condiments and toppings of choice.