Merry Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe for Easy Holiday Entertaining
‘Tis the season of giving, spending time with loved ones and holiday entertaining! Whether you’re hosting or attending a holiday party this season, we have an easy, delicious app that is sure to sleigh!
And since the holidays are also about overindulgence and well, stuffing yourself, a recipe for our favorite stuffed mushrooms is pretty fitting. We hope this brings you and your loved ones all the tasty joys of the season! Happy holidays!
- 1 lb. of shiitake mushrooms (remove the stems)
- 1 lb. ground mild sausage
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Herbs of choice – suggested:
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 teaspoons of fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a cooking sheet with a light olive oil cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage and onions are cooked.
- Break up the sausage into crumbles.
- Add cream cheese and Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in bread crumbs and basil parsley.
- Place mushroom caps on cooking sheet and brush with butter.
- Spoon sausage mixture into mushroom caps.
- Bake until mushrooms are tender for 13 – 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.